Before school starts and the warm weather is shifting toward sweater vest season, you should try to escape on a list minute vacation. Besides all your fabulous clothes, accessories, and tooth brush, make sure you prepare your home for your leave.
- Have a friend pick up your mail daily-No body leaves non-bills in the mail box
- Don’t miss garbage day-have a friendly neighbor pull out your trash cans.
- Lock your windows-one of the easiest entries into a “locked” home with a shimmy open.
- Trim shrubs or bushes that cover windows-it is a great place for thieves to hide when they break the window.
- Dead bolt the garage door-some doors can be pushed up, so you are preventing outside intruders.
- Sliding Glass Doors-check the hardware so a little jiggle and shake cannot move it off the track