Thinking about ways to save money now? By doing one or all of these will keep the money in your pocket!
- Combine Insurance-Shop around for quotes along with asking for a “bundle” rate. If you get your car and home together, you may be able to save greater
- Transfer Balance-Instead of trying to lower your credit card interest rates, try opening up a new credit card with 0% interest for the first year and transfer your previous balance. You may have a penalty fee, but it may be only the amount of one months interest rate. Read the small print and make your move!
- Calling 411-Instead of paying the transaction fee add to your phone contacts 1 (800) Free-411. Don’t purchase ring tones for a few dollars each when you can download apps for free to get you in the grove. Try Mobilo Ringtones
- Warm Your Water Heater- Try wrapping a thermal blanket over your heater to keep you water warm. Sounds funny but saves you money.
- Get Rid of Your Cable TV-Watch your movies on Netflix for about $10 a month and now you can streamline tv shows from your computer to your video. Why are you paying for the movies you do not even want to watch?
- Bank Fee from Withdrawals-Only pull money out from your bank, as other banks charge a fee of up to $6 each time you pull out.
- Increase your Deductibles-Lower monthly payment for now to get you through. May be riskier because you will pay more if you are in a major accident.
- Before You Submit Payment- Check online for coupons before you check out. Enter a coupon code to save you money, check out: www.retailmenot.com
- Freeze your Credit Cards-Make popsicles out of your credit cards by freezing them in water, so you have to defrost and wait and wait and wait for something you really want.
- Gas Prices- Stop driving unnecessarily, so you can avoid the pumps. Combine trips and plan your route!
- The “B” Word-BUDGET! Yes, we know it is a pain and you try to avoid it, but it is important to realize what you spend, what are your needs, and what you can do to reduce costs. Just like you track goals and dreams, track expenses to save.
- Mortgage Interest Rates-If you have an adjustable rate mortgage (ARM), try refinancing to a fixed mortgage. If you cannot make those payments and your income has changed, see if you qualify for a short sale. I can help you out of your difficult financial situation, but you just have to ask for “help.”